Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And we're off!

In a perfect world I'd have all the time I wanted to knit. Yeah, like that's gonna happen!

Last week was mid-semester break from Uni - an opportunity for me to catch up a bit on my reading - partially successful, but I've got more to do before I'll feel reasonably confident about the exams that are looming large on the not too distant horizon.

So, not very much time for knitting. And the long weekend was a bit of a write-off 'cause my mother-in-law and sister-in-law lobbed at lunchtime on Sunday as we were off to see Josh Groban at the Sydney Opera House - he's such a noice boy and a fantastic talent!

And the in-laws didn't leave until about 3.30pm yesterday afternoon. And of course by that time the missus and I were absolutely knackered and all we wanted to do was have a Bex and a lie-down.

But, I did manage to cast on for Socks number 1:

It's a pretty shonky picture, but I wanted to get one done at the beginning. I've put the WIP aside (the baby cardie) for now to make sure I get going on the KAL! So we're off and running.

No comments: