Thursday, September 27, 2007

My First KAL

In a bid to be a bit more than just a reader in the world of knitting blogs, I've signed up to the Southern Summer of Socks knit-along.

Of course, as soon as I did that I headed off to the stash to see what I had in the way of sock yarn. And naturally enough I had to do some searching and found that I've probably got enough to keep me going. I haven't quite got to the stage of being overrun with sock yarn. Although if I had my way, I'd have waaay more than I do. But I'm trying to be a good girl and go on a Knit From the Stash programme at the same time as my partner and I are moving to Melbourne and the last thing I need to do is bring more yarn into the house that I'm going to have to pack and truck down the Hume Highway.

Anyway, during the sock yarn search I experienced something that I'm sure all knitters do on a regular basis - the reacquaintance. You know, you pick up some skeins and try hard to remember when you bought it, whether you bought it, and why on earth you bought it.

I went through a stage of buying up on ebay and that's the stuff I really don't remember buying and some of it I think I may never knit up, but I don't want to part with it just yet...

Next up I'll hitting the patterns books searching out sock patterns.

No comments: