Monday, August 27, 2007

On turning 40...

At the end of July I hit the big 4-0. Not that I feel it - I feel the same as I did in my 20's. Except of course for the obvious, like a spot of grey hair, and not being quite as physically able as I once was!!

How did I celebrate? Well I originally wanted to have a big party with a DJ and playing all my favourite 80s and 90s music. But then I decided I really couldn't be arsed and opted for the much more mature (and sensible) option of having a dinner for a dozen or so friends at our favourite special restaurant.

Gifts? Of course there were gifts, even though I specifically said 'no gifts'. Lucky me scored lots of lovely things like books, scarves, bags, a hand-made necklace dripping with gorgeous purple Swarovski crystals, and the piece de resistance....







An autographed CD by my favourite all time band - Duran Duran. And yes, it's the original line-up from the 2004 tour - yippee!!! A friend was able to procure it for me and was under the impression that I'm 2 years older than I am, and has been sitting on it for 3 years in anticipation of my 40th.

And then of course, the other half outdid everyone by taking me ballooning! What a hoot!





Mmm, it's the other half's 50th next year - I've got something up the sleeve....

1 comment:

Bells said...

Oh that cracks me up. Signed Duran Duran memorabilia. Fabulous. The perfect gift for a child of the 80s. :-)